Top 5 Spy Mistakes
- Falling in love.
- Entrusting somebody with a secret (a woman, especially).
- Not checking one’s cocktail for poison before drinking it.
- Not ensuring the safety of those whom he or she seduces, whether it was for information of just fun.
- Owing somebody a favor.
- Entrusting your heart to someone it the gateway to entrusting them with the secrets hidden in your mind, and caring for another’s well-being does nothing but put your own body, and therefore your life, on the line.
- Do not leave a paper trail; commit it to memory.
- If you do detect poison, play it cool. The potted plant in the corner won’t mind.
- Even if the spy is heartless enough not to care that the boy- or girl-toy is dead, it is still a huge calling card that will inevitably draw attention to them.
- You never know when they will demand it from or guilt-trip it from you, or its cost.
Note: All of these were mistakes that James Bond made in Casino Royale. But, to be fair, although it was the twenty-first film in the series, it was meant to be his first mission. Strong characters aren’t the ones who don’t make mistakes; they are the ones who learn from their mistakes.